Who is the fastest of them all?
MENU FOR WEEK May 9, 2016
Welcome to the craziest week of spring. With cinco de mayo, the Kentucky Derby & Mother’s Day all happening within days it’s going to be a whirlwind. Don’t miss out on getting that special mama in your life something that says “I love you”. You don’t even have to have children to purchase these treats we have gathered especially for TTG followers. Surely you play a caring role to someone in your life and deserve a break!
- Suzi Hunter Mcewan, our favorite homeopath and Cranio sacral all round better life maker is offering 3 sessions for $200, which is a steal. To request a gift certificate leave a message at 1 (210) 473-2977. MORE
- A long time friend Lora Shivers gives one hell of a deep tissue wash those troubles away massage and is offering 4 one hour massages for $120. No, it’s not a joke. Request gift certificate at 1 (210) 380-7233. Or book on fb page HERE.
- Gabi Marcus is truly extraordinary. We adore her and her magic hands & mind. Give the gift of pain relief with a unique form of therapeutic bodywork that is deeply customized to each body’s particular history and needs. For Mother’s Day she is offering $15 off all one hour treatments (limit 3 per customer). MORE
Nothing says Happy Mother’s Day more than “you don’t have to cook”. Respond to this email to order your gift certificate for TTG meal delivery in any of our 3 sizes. Can be used for next week if ordered by Friday or be used for any future week.
[Want to know The Secret to an Awesome Mother’s Day, Read HERE.
Thursday, join Ore & Timber for a Wine & Cheese Party featuring Emily Maroda and her handmade jewelry. This is the perfect place to pick up a unique, one of a kind Mother’s Day gift. MORE
Also on Thursday, The Southwest School of Art is hosting Savor the Arts, a culinary extravaganza with six exceptional restaurants and catering companies. This “friendraiser” event will benefit The SWA’s Young Artist Programs. MORE
Friday is National Public Gardens Day, a day to promote awareness of botanic gardens, arboreta, zoos, historic gardens, or any of North America’s public gardens. On May 6th from 5:30PM – 8:30PM the San Antonio Botanical Garden will offer Free Admission. Bring a picnic and enjoy the Botanical Garden after hours – free! MORE
Saturday at the Garden, shop for San Antonio-friendly plants grown by SABOT volunteers. Make selections for your landscape that save you time, money, and water! Create a beautiful yard that’s habitat friendly for birds and butterflies. One-gallon size plants. Garden admission required. MORE
Also on Saturday, it’s the 5th Annual Cinco de Derby. Come play, wager, feast and party with First Edition Society at the Brackenridge Park Pavilion on Saturday, May 7th for the “Most Exciting Two Minutes in Sports.” This annual event marries two time honored traditions – the Kentucky Derby and Cinco de Mayo. Grab your bow ties, guayas, seersucker and derby hats and celebrate with the live music of National Standard. MORE
Looking for a one-of-a-kind experience this Mother’s Day? A few good options:
- Mother’s Day Brunch Bar, $25. Menu items such as: brisket hash, mac n cheese, cranberry brown sugar French toast, candied bacon and maple sausage, fruit crumble, citrus cured gravlax, carnitas
- Mother’s Day Brunch, $9-$25. Menu items include: chicken and waffles, Japanese crepes, tuna fish sandwiches, ramen, Japanese donuts and, of course, champagne (possible promotional item).
- Mother’s Day Brunch, $31.99 Mother’s Day Brunch Bar, $25. Menu items such as: fish Veracruz, pork cascabel, grilled lobster tails, copitas stations, aguq frescas, omelette station, kielbasa and dessert.
- Travis Park
- Show your appreciation for mom by taking her out to Mother’s Day in Travis Park. Take part in wine glass and flower pot painting, meditation sessions, food trucks and mimosa bar. MORE
- More Mother’s Day suggestions from KSAT
Later in May
Festival Week, Culinaria’s popular gustatory get-together, is coming up May 19-22. Featuring multiple events over the course of four days, from food trucks to haute cuisine, beer to champagne, Festival Week offers something for everyone. Some events are already selling out, so get your tickets soon. MORE
May 21, the SABOT will host Brews and Blooms. Enjoy craft brew sampling, food booths, and music, all set in the gorgeous, flowering Botanical Garden. A casual evening for adults 21 and older (no children allowed). ID required. Working closely with San Antonio Cerveceros, Brews and Blooms provides a venue for new and seasoned local craft breweries to showcase their beer selections, from Blonde Ales and Wits to Pale Ales and IPA’s, including limited releases from local breweries. MORE
The TTG CREW
As always at Tim the Girl, all products are locally sourced, organic when possible and made only with the finest cold pressed oils. We limit the orders to the first 10 to ensure the best possible quality. We do fill up very quickly, so please order early. Simply respond to this email telling us what size you would like. Vegetarian options are available.
Available in three sizes: Small Box (Feeds 1) $162.37, Medium Box (Feeds 2) $216.50, Large Box (Feeds 4) $324.75
Orders due by Friday, May 6 and are based on availability. Delivery is Monday, May 9 between 4-5:30 pm for all food for the week. Inside 410 only. If you live further we can meet you after work at your office or you can pick up.
Menu for Next Week
Ginger Miso Salmon*
Cold Sesame Cucumber Noodles
Smoked Apple BBQ Beef*
Chicken Tinga Tacos*
Black Beans & Rice*
French Lentil Soup*
Green Salad & Sherry Vinaigrette*
Health Nut Bread
Farm Fresh Vegetables*
Health Nut Bread
Sweet & Spicy Peanuts*
Buttermilk Panna Cotta & Berries*
Leave a Reply